F.A.Q. Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What exactly is a recurring membership?
A recurring membership means that you will be billed a membership amount every time until you cancel your membership. You will have access to all updates during your membership except the premium. (average 15 updates per month).
- 2. I have a problem with paying through PayPal, are there other options?
Yes, it's possible to pay through Wire Transfer. Please contact us and we will send you exact info.
- 3. How can I cancel my membership?
Please go to PayPal to alter or cancel your membership.
- 4. Can I use my credits after the membership cancellation? How long is it valid?
Yes, please be aware that you can use the rest of your credits for another 12 months after your membership expires.
- 5. What will I get after becoming a member?
You will have access to more then 436,862 Hi-Res photos. Please browse all the photos in member's section on SETS LIST. To see all photos in photo session, please click on thumbnails. Premium content is available only to premium members. This is the update schedule:
a) 2 people references (6 updates= 4x poses, 2x modeling/texturing references)
b) 1 animal updates
c) 5 costumes (1 update)
d) 5 additional clothed people references (1 update per 5 people)
- 6. Can I use these images for commercial texture packs, models, etc.?
Yes, you can use all of our photos for commercial projects as long as you buy the Commercial Subscription instead of Hobby Subscription. So it's possible to create textures from our photos to map 3D characters and then sell the characters and/or textures to 3rd parties. For more info please study HOBBY license and/or COMMERCIAL license. If you have some suggestions feel free to contact us.
- 7. What is the difference between 3D.sk and female-anatomy-for-artist.com?
www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com is a site focused on traditional and comics artists and figure drawing. You will find there high resolution photos of female models in classic poses as well as various action poses requested by members. (gymnast, dancing, perspective, reading etc.).
- 8. How often do you update and what will the next updates include?
We are updating our site 16 times per month. Standard monthly update usually contains:
a) 2 people references (6 updates = 4x poses, 2x modeling/texturing references)
b) 1 animal update
c) 1 costume update
There is also a lot of additional content for premium members. If you are interested in news, register now.
- 9. Do you have a signed contract with all models?
Yes, all of our models signed a contract in which they agreed to the use of their photos for the creation of 3D models, characters for games and any other commercial or non-commercial use.
- 10. What is the resolution of your photos?
Most of the photos are 4992x3360. We have recently started to use the 21Mpx Canon EOS 5D Mark II with a higher resolution of 5616x3744. Please check out our free samples section.
- 11. Will I get an invoice?
If you need an invoice, please contact us with the info about your company (name, address etc.) and time period of your membership and we will send or fax you the invoice in 24 hours.
- 12. Is the environment-textures.com site part of the 3D.sk subscription?
- 13. Is there a discount if I buy a membership to both 3D.sk and environemnt-textures.com?
Yes, when you are already member of 3D.sk and you buy a one year membership to environment-textures.com you will receive 1 month on environment-textures.com for free. Please always request this discount by contacting us so we can set it up for you. We will need your login name to both sites to be able to set it up.
- 14. What should I do in case I lose my login/password?
Please contact us and look up your data. You will need any 2 of the following. Your PayPal mail address used when you joined or subscription number.
- 15. Can I have more free samples?
Yes, we provide more free samples when you link to our site.
- 16. Can I showcase my work made with your photos on your site?
Yes, this would be great. You can submit your works if you are logged in by My Photos section. It needs to be approved by our admins. It takes to 24 hours.
- 17. I need access to ZIP files!
When you have bought single membership you should be able to see "zip file" under each thumbnail. If not please contact us with your functional log in name and we will check it out. If you are a monthly recurring member you will be able to create and download zip files after 3 months.
- 18. Is it possible to buy a DVD with all the pictures on the site?
We are sorry, but we do not currently sell DVDs with site content. There are two reasons. First we are constantly updating so you would miss hundreds of updates this way. Second, the content of the site is currently more than 1 TB and is rising.
- 19. Why don't you have any child photos on your site?
We had several clothed child references on our site. However there are strict rules issued by credit card companies that forbid ANY child photos on membership sites. If you are looking for child anatomy please check out Josef Zrzavy anatomy on fineart.sk.
- 20. What should I do if I use all my credit in my membership package?
You can purchase more credit at any time. In order to do this, you need to choose the right credit pack for your purpose.
- 21. What is a Premium Membership?
Premium corporate membership is focused mainly on game developers and graphic studios which need a high range of various human and animal photo references. It contains all the photos from the regular membership in zip files + a lot of additional content and pre-made textures.
Premium users will receive an additional 15 clothed people references every month. We will also add an additional 5 clothes/costume sets, 1 additional animal photo set and 20 pre-made head textures and 2 character 3D models that could significantly speed up texture creation workflow.
Here is a detailed additional update schedule
6 additional updates per month:
a) 15 additional clothed people references (3 updates per 5 people)
b) 1 additional costume (1 update)
c) 1 additional animal (1 update)
d) 10 exclusive pre-made head textures (1 update)
The premium corporate membership allows up to 20 simultaneous connections per login name and there is no download limit. The price is 1290 Euro for a one year corporate premium membership and 490 Euro for a one year *individual premium membership. *Individual membership is suitable for freelancers and hobby artists.*
- 22. Can I use photo basket with my monthly membership? It wasn't possible to use it in the previous membership system?
Yes, this function is available for monthly reccuring customers. You can add your chosen photo references to Photo Basket and download these references as a .zip file. The equivalent number of credits will then be deducted from your account (number of downloaded photos = number of credits deducted). 1 credit will be deduced from your credit pack per photo.
- 23. Why can't I download any Hi-Res pictures?
a) You have either reached your daily limit 250 pictures or your login name was used by more users. The problem should be solved automatically after 24 hours. If you are still blocked after 24 hours please contact us.
b) When you use a dial-up connection please contact us and we will change the set up of your account ASAP.
- 24. Is it possible to change my profile info?
To change your profile info log in and go to Settings section. There you can edit your profile.
- 25. How to prepare the references if they does not line up?
We do not edit our photos, so it is usually important to edit them before you start the modeling process. Here are nice video tutorials how to prepare our photos for use as reference plates in your 3D package: http://www.free3dtutorials.com/
- 26. How can I easily find only clothes photos?
The simplest way how to find what you are looking for at www.3d.sk is to use our SEARCH system.
If you are looking for clothes just select CASUAL at the Weapons line and according to the type of clothes are you looking for select the appropriate line under Body parts: FOOT for shoes, LEG for trousers or skirt, UPPER BODY for T-shirt, windbreaker, jacket or sweater, BOTTOM for mini skirts or back in jeans.
- 27. How can I easily find "MINE KIND" of photos?
Feel free to use www.3d.sk SEARCH tool.
- 28. I have slow traffic in your website. Why this trouble?
We test our server connection each month. We found that the highest traffic is between 12:00 PM to 5:00 AM CET. Troubles with speed can be caused with your internet connection.
- 29. Can I use my credits to download photo references from partner websites - Female Anatomy, Human Anatomy, Environment Textures, 3D scans and Comic References?
No, every project uses a separate credit system and it is therefore necessary to purchase a separate membership for each specific project.
- 30. Can I upgrade my membership to Premium membership?
Yes, you can upgrade at any time. Unfortunately, in order to do this, you need to cancel your regular membership and purchase a new Premium membership. It is not possible to upgrade your regular membership directly.